- “Lessings Anti-Goeze als Auseinandersetzung mit der von Goeze gehaltenen Predigtreihe in der Passionszeit 1778.” Herzog August Bibliothek Wolfenbüttel. June 29-July 1, 2022.
- “Der Fragmentenstreit: Lessing’s Radical Popular Enlightenment.” Digital Humanities Symposium. Georgetown University. March 24-25, 2022.
- “Gegenstand.” Goethe Lexicon of Philosophical Concepts panel series at the Atkins Goethe Conference. University of Chicago, November 2021.
- “First the Beating, then the Book Deal: Shahak Shapira’s German-Jewish Voice.” 45th Annual Conference of the German Studies Association. Indianapolis, IN. September 30-October 4, 2021. Program
- “Die Stunde des Satans: Lessing and Goeze’s Triangular Dialogue.” 136th Annual Meeting of the Modern Language Association. Toronto, Canada. January 7-10, 2021.
- “The Fragments Controversy.” Spatial Structures in the Social Sciences Winter 2020 Geographic Information System (GIS) Institute. Brown University, January 17, 2020. Program
- “Goethe as a Heterodox Thinker” Seminar Participant. 43rd Annual Conference of the German Studies Association. Portland, Oregon. October 3-6, 2019. Program
- “Scrutinizing 18th-Century Society in Text.” Respondent at the 43rd Annual Conference of the German Studies Association. Portland, Oregon. October 3-6, 2019. Program
- “Pantheism.” Inaugural Goethe Lexicon of Philosophical Concepts Workshop. University of Pittsburgh, May 2-4, 2019.
- “The Clandestine Charlatan: August Friedrich Cranz and his Readers.” German Studies Colloquium. Brown University, January 29, 2019. Poster
- “Lessing’s Media.” Respondent at the 91st Meeting of the American Philosophical Association Pacific Division. Seattle, Washington, April 12-15, 2017. Program
- “After Priests: Freethinkers at the Pulpit.” Nefarious Heathens: The Threat of Irreligion in the German Enlightenment. Freie Universität Berlin, July 14-15, 2016. Website / Poster
- “Killing off the Enlightenment: The Intellectual Retreat from the Public Sphere in Eighteenth-Century Germany.” Modern Language Association International Symposium, Other Europes: Migrations, Translations, Transformations. Heinrich-Heine-Universität. Düsseldorf, Germany, June 23-25, 2016. Program
- “Uncertain Borders: Groys, Lessing, and the Invention of Anti-Philosophy.” 131st Annual Meeting of the Modern Language Association. Austin, Texas, January 7-10, 2016. Program
- “Contrarianism as an Intellectual and Commercial Strategy: The Case of August Friedrich Cranz.” 78th Conference of the Association for German Studies in Great Britain and Ireland. University of Limerick, September 2-4, 2015. Program
- “Clandestine Literature and the Formation of the Enlightened Public Sphere in Eighteenth-Century Germany.” Department of German Studies Colloquium. Gettysburg College, February 26, 2015. Poster
- Imagining Worlds: Aesthetics and its Institutions in the Age of Goethe: Atkins Goethe Conference Dissertation Workshop. University of Pittsburgh, October 23-26, 2014. Program
- “The Extraction of Intellectual Discourse from the Public Sphere: Goethe, Schiller, and the Xenien.” 45th Annual Meeting of the American Society for Eighteenth-Century Studies. Williamsburg, Virginia. March 20-22, 2014. Program
- “What Lessing wrought: The Impact of the Fragmentenstreit on the Development of Religious Polemic.” 44th Annual Meeting of the American Society for Eighteenth-Century Studies. Cleveland, Ohio. April 4-7, 2013. Program
- “The Rules of Learned Discourse: Lessing’s Attack on the Norms Governing the Republic of Letters.” 36th Annual Conference of the German Studies Association. Milwaukee, Wisconsin. October 4-7, 2012. Program
- “Eine rechte Sehnsucht sich wieder von den Tönen begeistern zu lassen” – Music’s Crypto- Catholic Power in the Works of the Early German Romantics.” 20th Annual Conference of the North American Society for the Study of Romanticism. Neuchâtel, Switzerland. August 15-19, 2012. Program
- “Werther’s Fans: Imitators, Haters, and the Fight over Die Leiden des jungen Werthers.” 75th Conference of the Association for German Studies in Great Britain and Ireland. University of Edinburgh. April 2-4, 2012. Program
- “Charisma and the Cult of Critical Theory: An American Perspective.” “The Power of Charisma.” International Conference. Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin. March 22-23, 2012. Program
- “Doctoral Education in the United States.” Internationale DAAD Akademie: Promovendenbetreuung im internationalen Vergleich. Berlin, Germany. November 3-4, 2011. Program
- “Lessing’s Critique of Religion: An Unwritten Treatise.” 42nd Annual Meeting of the American Society for Eighteenth-Century Studies. Vancouver, Canada. March 17-20, 2011. Program
- “A Text and its Critics: Post-modern Plagiarism in Helene Hegemann’s Axolotl Roadkill.” “(Not) Talking About My Generation: Conflict, Competition, and Criticism Within and Between Generations in German Literature and Film.” 15th Annual Focus Graduate Student Conference. University of Cincinnati. October 15-16, 2010. Program
- “A Complexity-Theory Approach to Teaching Second-Language Literature.” Co-Authored with Kurt Buhanan, Glenn Levine, and Paul Rama. 5th UC Language Consortium Conference on Theoretical and Pedagogical Perspectives. University of California, San Diego. April 23-25, 2010. Program
- “Judge as Figure/Judge as Function: The Role of the Judge in Late Medieval German Literature.” “Pre-Modern Legal Fictions.” Second Annual Graduate Student Conference of the Group for the Study of Early Cultures. University of California, Irvine. November 13-14, 2009. Program